I1. Erin Marshall, one of my dearest friends, who called to say "Hi" in the midst of preparing Thanksgiving dinner, preparing for visitors and preparing to go on vacation. She is an author -- and a good one. Check out her link. :)
2. Preparing "Man Sandwiches" (Manwich) for my family -- a menu that I didn't have to choose. :)
3. Preparing for a client visit tomorrow. Thankful for the business -- and thankful it is the last activity before settling in for Thanksgiving Day!
1. I am thankful that the pain and abuse of my husband's childhood has made him an incredible father.
2. I am thankful that facing challenges brings Mark and I closer together, from beginning to end.
3. When I realize the effect of bullying on kids today, I am thankful that the daily bullying I experienced for a year as a child was counter balanced by my knowledge of Jesus and His love for me, family that reinforced love and self worth, and a church family that provided a safe haven.
1. For the generations who have gone before me and have faithfully passed on the knowledge of Christ in what they say and what they do. I am so blessed to have been surrounded from birth by faithful believers. 145:1-7
2. Mercy. I am a hopeless failure without God's mercy and grace. My life is a series of examples of God's unmerited grace to me. 145:8-13
3. God's complete, intentional care for me. "The Lord sustains all who fall." 145:14-16
1. Thankful for the men and women in government who fight for my rights in Madison and Washington. God, grant us the wisdom to elect those with character.
2. Thankful for the Constitution that grants liberty to all of us. God grant us the wisdom to value our liberty while we still have it.
3. Thankful, most especially, for the men and women who lay their lives on the line for me and my family and my friends every day. God bless them and their families. God grant us the wisdom to always offer our thanks to them and honor them for their sacrifices.
Since I am cleansing this week (before holidays are upon us) I find today's joy dare ironic.
So today, I am thankful for the cleanse drink in all of its glorious grittiness. It flushes the toxins and fills my body with nutrients. For the health that is being restored to my body, I am deeply thankful.
I am thankful for juicy pears and Honeycrisp apples that make this cleanse much easier. Yum!!
I am thankful for sweet salmon with lots of spices.