Saturday, March 27, 2010

Trusting it won't really burst

So, silly me, I thought I was through the healing. After the last few weeks I have decided the healing never really ends. :) At least not this side of heaven.

So much has happened in the few short weeks I've been here. Some big successes and some failures. But, God is enlarging my heart and teaching me how to love. Even in the midst of some painful revelations, He SHOWERS me with his love. He has sung His song of love over me. I am fighting to keep my heart open and not shut down. It seems for every ounce of pain, He replaces it with gallons of His grace and mercy and tenderness.

What a Love! What a Lover!

I am officially on the Captivating bandwagon. If you're a woman, you need to read this book. I say that with some hesitation, because I hated the book when I first read it. But, even if you hate it now -- you need to read it until you don't hate it anymore. LOL.

Maybe I just read it when I was ready to hear what it has to say. But, I love this book. And, when I try to think of one female who doesn't need to hear this message -- I just can't do it. Grab several boxes of kleenex and read the book. And, if you go to Valdosta, GA -- there is a half-price book store there. They have the pretty devotional version for $4.99. If I knew I was going to love it this much, I would've bought out the store on my way back to Wis. I'd keep one clean copy for myself since mine is tear-stained and snot-dripped.

And, I promise you, if you do the work and examine your heart, it will feel like your heart is going to be ripped out of your chest one minute and in the next, it will feel so full of God's love that it will burst. But, trust me, it won't. It's just stretching to make more room.

David Crowder Band - How He Loves (2009 Video & Lyrics)

No comments: